This collection features my articles on the fundamentals and basics of Buddhism. These are perfect for those new to Buddhism, wanting a new way to understand the teachings, or need a bit more information!
When I was first learning about Buddhism a long time ago, it was very challenging to learn about the religion in a way that made sense to me living in a western country. My articles, videos, and graphics are my way to help others with learning and practicing Buddhism!
These five articles will provide you a great start to understanding Buddhism, and provide resources to help you.
- Getting Started: The Western Buddhist: 5 Step Guide for Starting and Practicing Buddhism
- Overview: Buddhism for Beginners (a Quick Intro)
- Books: Top 5 Best Buddhist Books for Beginners
- Buddhist Scripture: The Buddhist Scriptures for Newbies
- Buddhist Branches: Schools In: Comparing Mahayana and Theravada Buddhism
There are a lot of concepts and teachings in Buddhism that can be confusing to understand. You can learn more about them here!
- Four Noble Truths: Understanding the Four Noble Truths With Coffee
- Noble Eightfold Path: Unwrapping the Origami of the Eightfold Path
- Karma: Take Your Unwholesome Karma and Shove It
- Enlightenment: Wake Up! Understanding Enlightenment in Buddhism
- Nirvana: Smells Like Buddhist Nirvana
- Rebirth / Samsara: Reincarnation and Buddhism: Here We Go Again
- Impermanence: Happy (Buddhist) Impermanence Day!
- Nonself: Who Are You? Understanding Nonself in Buddhism
- The Five Aggregates (Skandhas): The Washing Machine of Buddhism: The Five Aggregates
- Attachment / Three Poisons: Let it Go, Let it Go! Understanding Attachment in Buddhism
- Bodhisattva Path: Driving the Bodhisattva Path in Mahayana Buddhism
- Three Dharma Seals: Buddha’s Seal of Approval: Understanding The Three Dharma Seals
- The Triple Gem (Becoming a Buddhist): Get Your Buddhist Membership Card: Taking Refuge in the Triple Gem
- Buddhism Numbers/Lists: Buddhism by the Numbers
The following articles are resources in this collection you may find useful: