This collection features my articles on the fundamentals and basics of Buddhism. These are perfect for those new to Buddhism, wanting a new way to understand the teachings, or need a bit more information!
When I was first learning about Buddhism a long time ago, it was particularly challenging to learn about the religion in a way that made sense to me living in a western country.
My articles, videos, and graphics are my way to help others with learning and practicing Buddhism!
These articles will provide you with a great start to understanding Buddhism and provide resources to help you.
- Introduction to Buddhism
- How to Become a Buddhist
- Best Books for Beginners
- Starting a Daily Buddhist Practice
- Understanding the Buddhist Scriptures
- Understanding the Buddhist Schools/Traditions (Mahayana & Theravada)
- Is Buddhism a Religion or Philosophy?
- Common Misconceptions About Buddhism
Be sure to get my FREE eBook on an introduction to Buddhism. Co-written with Buddhist monk Sanathavihari Bhikkhu. Includes three bonus graphics!
There are a lot of concepts and teachings in Buddhism that can be confusing to understand. You can learn more about them here!
- Four Noble Truths
- Noble Eightfold Path
- Rebirth / Reincarnation / Samsara
- Nonself / No Self
- The Five Aggregates (Skandhas)
- Attachment / Three Poisons (Three Fires)
- Bodhisattva Path
- Three Dharma Seals
- The Triple Gem Ceremony (Becoming a Buddhist)
- Buddhism Numbers/Lists
The following articles are resources in this collection you may find useful: