What if cats are secretly Buddhist monks?
Get the Book:
Click to Buy on Gumroad!
- Gumroad (PDF, eBook, Graphics, Membership Pack)
- Amazon (Kindle eBook)
- Amazon (Paperback)
- Already got the book? Please leave a review!
- Click here to read the article that inspired the book!
The journey into the secret lives of Buddhist cats started with a mysterious note that led the author on a journey halfway around the world. He discovered a hidden Buddhist temple in the mountains that was the center of a secret society of Buddhist cat monastics.
Revealed to humans for the first time in this book will be their ancient Buddhist teachings of the “Kitten Eightfold Path“, the “Purring Sutra“, the “Ten Kitten Herding Pictures“, the real reason why cats knock drinking glasses off tables, and much more.
As you will soon learn, the “typical house cat” is anything but typical…they are Buddhist masters! Passed down for generations, the Buddhism Secrets of Cats is a highly skilled practice that cats are taught when they are kittens and practice for a lifetime. You will never look at your kitty the same way after learning their behaviors are actually Buddhist techniques!
But a word of extreme caution before you read this book: never say where you found these feline Buddhist secrets, or you may find yourself facing rebirth as a puppy and spending your life sniffing other dogs…um…well, never mind.
If you are a Buddhist (or interested in Buddhism), and like cats, this is your book! 😻
Complete with various illustrations throughout the book.
- Discovering the Secret Society
- Bodhipurrma, the Cat Monk
- The Profound Purring Sūtra
- Purrfectly Meditating
- The Suffering of the Half-Empty Food Bowl
- Mu! or Meow!?
- Enlightenment at the End of the Laser Pointer
- The Kitten Eightfold Path
- Rebirth in the 9 Cat Lives
- The Ten Kitten Herding Pictures
- Departing the Cave
- Questions & Answers
- About the Author
Read my original article this book was based on: https://alanpeto.com/buddhism/buddhism-secrets-of-cats/
- Published: July 2020
- Genre: Fiction / Humor / Buddhism / Cats
- Includes non-fiction elements related to Buddhism and Buddhist history/teachings
- Format: PDF, MOBI (Paperback and Kindle forthcoming)
- ISBN: 978-1-7354003-0-3 (Paperback)
- ISBN: 978-1-7354003-1-0 (PDF)
- ISBN: 978-1-7354003-2-7 (eBook)
- ASIN: B08D7WQJKP (Amazon Kindle)
- Publisher: Alan Peto
- Illustrations: Alan Peto
This book is a work of fiction. The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any references or similarities to historical events, real people, or real places are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and events are products of the author’s imagination, and any resemblances to actual events or places or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
Portions of this book are works of nonfiction related to Buddhism and Buddhist teachings and historical events. Although the author has made every effort to ensure that the information in this book was correct at press time, the author does not assume and hereby disclaim any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause.
The Buddhism Secrets of Cats, characters, names, titles, and related indicia are trademarks of Alan Peto. All rights reserved.