- Why Buddhism? I wanted to understand and practice Buddhism in a way that made sense to me, and share what I learned with others! Many people living in western countries have found my style of explanation helped them understand as well.
- New to Buddhism? I recommend you read my Introduction to Buddhism and Best Books for Beginners articles, and explore my “Basics in Buddhism” series.
- Social Media: You can find me on YouTube, Facebook profile (and page), Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, TikTok, Amazon Author Page, and my Bing Page. Please consider following me on the service of your choice so you can learn more about Buddhism!
- My Background: I am a trained journalist, graphic designer, researcher, technical writer, and a trainer who has taught tens of thousands of people over that past 30 years, and nearly a million people on my website. I am the author of the book “The Buddhism Secrets of Cats”, and others.
- “Are You Really a Buddhist?” Yes, I have been a Buddhist for over 20 years, and officially a card carrying Buddhist 😉 I am a Buddhist layperson, not a monastic or theologian, and speak from that perspective. These are my personal experiences, opinions, research, thoughts, and insight, which I enjoying sharing with with others. If you have a question or need to contact me, send me a message here.
- “Buddhism is Confusing, Can You Really Help Me Understand It?” While everyone has a different way they learn, I have helped many people over the years who have enjoyed my writings, videos, and graphics! I hope you find them helpful as well 🙏
@alanpeto I’ve got to tell you…I’ve learned more from your website than from any book, site, or audiobook. You have a great ability to make difficult concepts very simple and approachable. Thank you, sir! I needed what I read today! pic.twitter.com/LnyzAlQy5R
— Han Scrollo (@HanScrollo) May 9, 2018